Assist substitute Frenkie de Jong helps FC Barcelona at Eintracht Frankfurt | Football

The return awaits in a week in Camp Nou, on the way to the semi-finals, in which West Ham United or the Olympique Lyon of trainer Peter Bosz wait. About 35,000 fans of Eintracht, the number nine in the Bundesliga, requested tickets for that game. Obviously not all of them will be there, but it shows the greatness of Barça and the unique achievement of the Germans in Europe.

At Barcelona, ​​Frenkie de Jong started on the bench, just like Ousmane Dembélé. Just like earlier in the tournament, Xavi is not afraid to give his best players a rest in the Europa League. It was apparent in Frankfurt that Barcelona is not already at Champions League level across the board. Especially after Gerard Pique dropped out halfway through the first half with an injury and was replaced by Clement Lenglet. Dani Alves (not registered) was also missing, as were the injured Memphis, Sergiño Dest and Luuk de Jong, who was struck by corona.

FC Barcelona had a hard time in Frankfurt, although Ferran Torres was already close to a goal after three minutes with a shot that knocked Kevin Trapp from under the bar. The home team thought they could take the lead via a penalty kick after 37 minutes, when Sergio Busquet’s opponent Rafael Santos Borre appeared to floor after a cross from ex-FC Groningen player Filip Kostic. But the Dutch VAR, consisting of Pol van Boekel and Dennis Higler, correctly concluded that Busquets first played the ball. Arbiter Jovanovic reversed the decision after seeing the images.

The lead came after all, when Ansgar Knauff completed a deflected ball in the 48th minute: 1-0. The game only turned around when Frenkie de Jong and Dembélé made their entrance. Then Barcelona got the ‘old-fashioned’ reins again and the equalizer came on the scoreboard.

Frankfurt’s Tuta got a red card after a second yellow card after 78 minutes. Former Spartan Ragnar Ache came in at Frankfurt and Sam Lammers stayed on the bench (rented from Atalanta).

Atalanta Bergamo

The quarter-final in the Europa League between RB Leipzig and Atalanta has not produced a winner. The game in Germany ended in 1-1. At Atalanta, Orange internationals Marten de Roon, Hans Hateboer and Teun Koopmeiners took part in the entire game.

Atalanta took the lead after more than fifteen minutes of play. Colombian Luís Muriel dribbled into the penalty area from the left and hit the target in the far corner. Leipzig was close to the equalizer halfway through the first half through André Silva, but he hit the post. The same happened to Atalanta’s Mario Pašalic in the last minute before half-time.

Silva had a greater chance of scoring in the 57th minute. However, the Portuguese attacker saw his penalty kick stopped by keeper Juan Musso. In the rebound, the keeper made another save, on a header by Willi Orban. The Hungarian defender stayed in the front and was able to score after a cross from the left, via defender Davide Zappacosta: 1-1.

Koopmeiners was still close to scoring. The midfielder kicked the ball against the post after more than an hour of play. In the final phase, Leipzig could also hope for the victory. Dominik Szoboszlai headed the ball against the crossbar.

The return in Italy is next week.

Rangers FC

Giovanni van Bronckhorst suffered a painful defeat with Rangers FC. The Dutch coach saw his team lose 1-0 at Braga without even shooting on goal.