Ligue 1, Lens-Lille: invasion of the field by the fans and the game suspended for more than 40 ‘

Still moments of tension in the French stands: Lens-Lille was temporarily suspended at half-time after the invasion of the field by the home fans, who sought contact with the visitors. Thanks to the intervention of the stewards and the police, the situation returned to normal and the game was able to end, albeit late. Lens won 1-0, the French champions are increasingly in crisis

During the interval of Lens-Lille, heated derby of the north of France, valid for the sixth day of Ligue 1, the spirits have heated up between the two fans. Some Lens supporters have invaded the camp and headed for the guest sector reserved for Lille fans. The situation was worsening as the minutes passed after a player had also left between the two supporters throwing objects and seats. The prompt intervention of the police and stewards brought the situation back to normal, but it took several minutes before the game could restart. The two teams in fact had returned to the locker room after the end of the first 45 ‘(on the result of 0-0) and did not return to the field before forty minutes from the events, with the ok of the local authorities and the delegates of the league French football. Fortunately, the match was able to resume and end: the speakers of the Felix Bollaert stadium had warned the fans that, in the event of new unrest, the match would be permanently suspended. Thanks to a massive presence of gendarmes on the sidelines, the order was maintained until the final triple whistle that saw Lens celebrate their historical rivals (1-0).

The images of the intervention of the police after the invasion of the field – © Getty

Lens wins, French champions increasingly in crisis

read also

Messi-PSG, agreement worth 110 million in three years

After the restart of the second half, the game was over unlocked a quarter of an hour from the end. After a great work by Gael Kakuta, Frankowski he came face to face with the opposing goalkeeper Grbic and scored, bringing Lens ahead and sending his fans into a frenzy. 1-0 the result at the referee’s triple whistle. The Lens deservedly beats Lille (it hasn’t happened for fifteen years, precisely since 29 April 2006, Lens-Lille 4-2) and temporarily flies to according to place in the standings. For the French champions trained by Gourvennec (5 points collected in the first 6 days), it is the second consecutive defeat which confirms the bad start in Ligue 1.

Lens fans attempt the invasion, blocked by the intervention of the police – © Getty

The previous Nice-Marseille of a month ago

read also

Nice-OM: the match will have to be replayed

Just a few weeks ago we had witnessed similar scenes: it was October 22nd and Nice-Olympique Marseille was suspended after theinvasion of the field by the Nice fans. The episode on that occasion was triggered by a gesture of anger by Dimitri Payet (of the OM), who had thrown a bottle in the stands that hit him in the back as he was preparing to take the corner kick. a quarter of an hour from the end. In the case of Nice-OM, however, the game was never resumed and indeed it will have to be replayed from 1 ‘behind closed doors and on a neutral field. Lens-Lille, on the other hand, was completed.